Seven Deadly Sins
Neighbors of Karameikos
Note: If these places are visited or become more important to the campaign, they will get their own pagesThe known world to the Karameikans consists of the following nations:
- Aengmor – Formerly the nation of Alfheim, this elves of this region were chased out by the Shadow Elves. This forest region is entirely contained within Darokin.
- Atruaghin – A group of less developed nations live atop the Atraughin plateau. The steep walls of the plateau have effectively shielded them from the outside nations.
- Darokin – A wealthy nation of merchants to the north. The people here tend to be relatively well off, but then nation has been troubled by incursions from humanoids and invaders from the east.
- Ethengar – North of Rockhome, this ‘sea of grass’ nation is home to a fierce society of horse-riders.
- The Five Shires – Bordering Karameikos on the west, this nation of Halflings is generally peaceful. Its people, known as the Hin, bear a long standing grudge against the dwarves.
- Glantri – This group of sorcerer-ruled principalities lies north of Darokin. The people are generally thought to be bigoted and xenophobic.
- Rockhome – Northeast of Darokin, this mountain region is the home of the dwarves.
- Ylaruam – A nation built from the desert north of Thyatis.
- Thyatis – Karameikos’ parent nation in the east, this empire has never fully recovered from the devastation of its war with Alphatia.
- New Alphatia – Alphatia was a distant, great empire which was mostly destroyed in a war with Thyatis and Glantri. New Alphatia is an alliance of its former colonies and surviving peoples.
- Irendi – A loose collection of islands to the south.
- Minrothad Guilds – A collection of islands ruled by wealthy guilds and merchants.